Essential Oils have become quite popular and have amazing healing qualities. However, I think there is some confusing information on how to use them and so I thought I would share several ways to engage with oils safely and enjoy their healing properties.
1. A Diffuser. I love mine! They are safe and offer so much ability to share the scent of the oils in many of the rooms in your house. Filling the diffuser with the correct amount of water you then simply add a few drops of your preferred oil into the water and they will run for several hours. The best part is that they are so much safer to breath then candles and you don’t have to wonder whether or not you remembered to blow out the candle when you’re already 20 minutes from home! I’ve included a link to one at the bottom of this post if you are interested
2. Aromatherapy Necklace. This has become my favorite way to wear the oils throughout my day. There are so many beautiful choices out there now. They usually come with felt pads to place inside the necklace that you can use for different oils depending on your mood that day. I’ve included a link at the bottom of this post for an example.
3. Rub into the bottom of your feet. This is a nice area to rub a few drops of lavender oil at night to help you sleep. You can also use it any time during the day too.
4. Pulse Points. Instead of synthetic perfumes you can use one or your favorite combination of oils and place them on pulse points, behind your ears, on your collarbone, and on both sides of your neck.
5. Bath. As we head into summer a bath isn’t what most of us are going to do for a bit but when the weather gets cold again you can place 3-4 drops in your bath. Great way to relax with Ylang ylang or Lavender or even something like Eucalyptus when you have a cold will help you to breath better! How simple huh?
6. In your car. Rather then buying a chemical laden car freshener just place a few drops of essential oils on a cotton ball or tissue and place it anywhere it works for you in your car. Wait till you get in your car the next morning! It smells so good! This is also great to do when traveling and placing in your hotel room.
7. 7. 7. Bedtime Salt Bowl – Place a small amount (about 1/4 cup) of sea salt or Epsom salt in a small bowl. Drop 8-10 drops of your chosen essential oil onto the salt. Keep it by your bed. The salt helps to slow down the evaporation rate of the oils, allowing you a longer diffusion throughout the night.
These are just a few options. Please share what you have tried and enjoyed!
Health, Joy and Peace,